The BMA’s public messaging campaign urges people to:
- Don’t travel if you’re ill, or have any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, high temperature, loss of smell or taste)
- Have a plan for self-isolation if you, or anybody in your ‘bubble’, develops symptoms or are told to do so by the official NHS Test and Trace service. You will likely be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you take medicines prescribed by your doctor, make sure you have enough with you to last for your time away
- Practise good social distancing and hand washing while you are away from home
- Wear a face covering whenever you are mixing with others outside your ‘bubble’ and cannot social distance, particularly when you are indoors.
To read more about the principles see PDF here